Te Hiku Manaiakalani Outreach Third Film Festival 2022

Our theme for the movies this year was “Northland History” The movies have been played on the big screen at the Te Ahu Cinema in Kaitaia on Wednesday 14 September 2022. This is one of the lucky movies to be chosen from our school. Congratulations to everyone involved in the production of this movie. Please click on the link to view other Manaiakalani Film Festival movies. Please enjoy and feel free to leave a positive, thoughtful and helpful comment below for the students.

13 thoughts on “Te Hiku Manaiakalani Outreach Third Film Festival 2022

1. Hello, Im Tori from Mangonui School and I thought that was amazing and so inspiring because I loved the part with the storm in it because it looked kinda real.

Also some questions, where was the music from and how did you make the lego move?

2. Hi Liam from Mangonui school I liked how it was not really people it was lego I find that funny and I like how you could not see the hand while the lego person was moving.

3. My name is Cordez. I like the way you edited your film. My favourite part was the octopus chasing the waka. How did you move the lego with no arms?

4. Hi I’m Paige, from Kaingaroa School.

I really liked how you used Lego for the boat and people, the paper mache for the land. I liked how you put enough time in so we could read it all. The angles were really good.

Great Job!!

5. Hi I’m Jazland,from Kaingaroa school.My favourite part was when Tumoana sent the signals that he was safe/thunder/lightning and I love all the details like the paper mache and the green land and ocean.

6. Kia ora, I am Kaley from Kaingaroa School. I love your animation. It is really cool and I also liked that you used the paper mache. The music added to the story

7. kia ora I am Xanthe from Pomapllier catholic School.I enjoyed the acting and the characters.I liked all of the team work and actions.Amazing work.

8. Hi my name is khan from Pompallier school .

I really liked how you came creative and made some things out of paper. I also liked the noise in the background it really fits the vibe. Just keep all your work up and hope your proud of yourself because your film was great.

9. Hi I am Madison am I am from Oturu shcool and I saw your movie it is really amazing how you use lego for your movie I LOVE the land and water that you made and your characters too
    love madis